Charity Event hosted by Southampton Yoga Association
Raising funds on behalf of Edith Coombes – c/o Piam Brown Ward Southampton.
The sessions are “stand-alone” and can be booked singly or together. ALL TUITION FEES FOR THE DAY WILL BE DONATED TO THE PIAM BROWN WARD SHU HOSPITAL TRUST. Other donations gratefully received on the day or via Just Giving.
SYA will also donate a percentage of takings after costs deducted – Sop the more we have attend the more we raise!
Cost per session
Half day pre-booked £12 Full day pre-booked £24
Half day pre-booked £24 Full day pre-booked £36
Save money all year round Join SYA – all yogis welcome
Join and / or book direct here
The Fire in Our Belly
Saturday 18th January 2020
Presenting a morning yoga workshop & afternoon presentation & meditation with Ayurveda Consultant Julia Chilcott-Coombes
Durley Memorial Hall, Durley Street, Durley, Southampton, SO32 2AR.
09.30 – 09.55 Registration Tea/coffee available
10.00 – 12.00 Morning Session – Practical application Agni-The Fire in Our Belly
13.00 – 15.00 Afternoon Session- Dhatus , Ojas and Vitality! Presentation & Meditation
LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE: BOOK EARLY TO AVOID
10am – midday yoga veda practical. Agni – The Fire in Our Belly
According to Ayurveda the key to good health is properly functioning agni, which in the form of digestive fire helps us assimilate nutrients and get rid of waste, or ama (toxin). Efficient digestion nourishes and sustains every tissue layer and organ in our body. When agni is balanced and strong, we’re full of vitality.
This workshop will focus on specific asana practice designed to strengthen Agni.
Throughout the morning session we will explore dosha presence with an aim to bring related sub-doshas into harmony.
We will also cover
• What triggers vata and pitta-type imbalances at the level of the digestive system; how to recognise the symptoms for each
• How to access manipura and swadisthana chakras effectively
• How to work, effectually with the lower two bandhas (Mullah and Uddiyanda)
• Asanas and pranayama for vata/air-type imbalances
• Asanas and pranayama for pitta/fire-type imbalance
• Meditation practice of yoga nidra based on the five main bodies (koshas)
Designed for all levels and experience.
1 – 3pm Dhatus , Ojas and Vitality!
Will focus on how we can manage health and well-being through further understanding our tissue layers and nervous system.
Through discussion and presentation, we will build upon the morning session and explore further how Agni, along with its antithesis Ama – are essential constructs in the maintenance of health.
Ayurveda describes seven Dhatus or tissue layers that are built sequentially over a 30-day period, which culminates in the production of Ojas (elixir of life) when functioning properly.
We will cover
• The relationships of the Dhatus in the body, and understand that they are sites that doshas enter
• The important relationship that Ojas has with the Dhatus
• The impact on our bodies when Ojas is depleted and when digestion is faulty, as well as living a life that is filled with excess stress and activity.
Central to this session will be a development of a deeper understanding on the importance that a balanced nutritional Dosha specific diet along with the use of pranayama & meditation has to aid vitality, good health and wellbeing for all!.
For more details please visit our Facebook page… oh and don’t forget to share!