Category: Training & courses
CMA Accredited 12 GLH YVUK Introductory Course
New Dates Pending . Please contact us to register your interest.
- This unique 6-week Yoga Veda UK programme offers an introduction into how an Ayurvedic and Yogic integrated approach can optimise physical, psychological and emotional health and well-being.
Aim: to offer a broader based scope of knowledge that takes participants beyond Yoga asana and into the world of Ayurveda.
Objective: to teach a traditional, exact and easy-to-learn integrated systems that aims at naturally achieving the goal of creating a healthy body and mind that leads to spiritual evolvement.
Outcome: Participants will have an understanding of how to individually apply an Ayurvedic and Yogic approach to enhance well-being.
Outline of Course
Yoga and Ayurveda are sister sciences; when integrated form an important system for promoting vitality, exceptional health and healing. Traditional Ayurveda focuses more on the treatment side (Chikitsa) for body and mind, while traditional Yoga aims more at self-development and Self-realisation (Sadhana). Today modern Yoga has tried to create a therapeutic model, but this is largely apart from Ayurveda or restricted to asana only. Such a model is limited and seldom reflects the greater Yoga tradition or the Ayurvedic consequences of Yoga philosophy and psychology. This course aims to provide a more traditional model of practical Yoga therapy based upon Ayurveda, the medical aspect of the Yoga tradition through both theoretical and practical activities. Ayurveda is now recognised as one of the most important systems of mind-body medicine available and its popularity is spreading throughout the world.
This introductory 6 week program covers aspects of lifestyle & ethics, basic anatomy & physiology as well as techniques, training & practice associated with the two ancient traditions.
Over the duration of our CMA accredited 12 Guided Learning Hours Yoga –Veda course, made up of one 2-hour session per week, or a full weekend you will:
Explore Ayurvedic and Yoga philosophies to gain an understanding of lifestyle & ethics following Ayurvedic and Yoga principles
- Practice safe application of yoga under the guidance of a qualified yoga consultant
- Gain an understanding of practical asana- with an emphasis on breathing techniques (Pranayama) and meditation (Dhyana) & yoga sutras to build your own home practice
- Be introduced to the concept of Prakruti & Vikruti , Yamas & Niyamas to further your understanding of Ayurvedic and yogic lifestyle & ethics
- Explore anatomy & physiology to gain an understanding of the Dhatus (tissue system) & the nervous system to develop practical applications of wellbeing practice
- Develop an awareness of the chakras and how they relate to mind–body balancing enhancing own practice for relaxation and restoration
- Learn about the concept of Agni (digestive fire) and Ama (toxins) as a means of maintaining optimal long term health through improving immune function, lymph flow, circulation and speeding up the removal of harmful toxins from the body
- Practice asana for digestion, chakra balancing and relaxation
- Learn how to maximise your daily routines to boost energy and vitality through herbs, self-care, diet and lifestyle (Rasayana) Daily routine (Dinacharya) Massage (Abhyanga)
- Be introduced to 3 Gunas (Sattva, Rajas, Tamas) to create an understanding of the power of application of positive thinking
Each 2 hr. session will form two parts
Part 1) will cover knowledge and understanding
Part 2) practical application (comfortable clothing required and yoga mat if possible)
The course is also offered over a six week period or over a weekend (12GLH)
£120 per person
No yoga experience necessary – Any level of fitness/ mobility/ yoga experience will be welcomed
If you successfully complete this 12-hour Yoga Veda UK introductory courses you will be eligible to join the CMA’s Student Membership category and upgrade to Full MCMA Membership as soon as you graduate on the higher level Yoga Veda UK teacher training course.
The Complementary Medical Association is the world’s largest and most highly respected professional membership association. The organisation has been established for over 25 years and they work closely with conventional medicine by sharing research and education to doctors about the natural healthcare field and why they should incorporate complementary medicine (as provided by qualified CMA Members) into their practices.
Furthermore, The CMA consistently liaises at governmental level to ensure your rights to practice. Over the last 25 years, The CMA has taken complementary medicine and natural healthcare from a cottage industry to the professional force that it is today. This ensures that the public has access to a Professional Register of elite practitioners and outstanding training schools and that doctors and other healthcare professionals know that they can safely refer their patients to CMA Registered Practitioners.
Out of stock
There are no reviews yet.