Now SOLD OUT!
Please email to go on the reserve/waiting list for this once in a lifetime trip.
Dates : August 8th – 19th 2025
11 Day Luxury Wellness Retreat.
(with optional further 4-day back water cruise)
Kerala Backwater 4 Star Resort & Ayurveda Spa
When I visited this Ayurveda Centre I vowed I would bring a select group of yogis back to experience the pleasures I enjoyed so much………..
I have negotiated a discounted price and bespoke Yoga Veda package to ensure you experience the full benefits of a total Ayurveda immersion.
This very special wellness retreat will be a trip of a lifetime. It is designed to provide experience of the ancient traditions of Yoga & Ayurveda in its homeland, Kerala. Also offers opportunities to explore ‘Amazing, Incredible Kerala’. Offering accommodation in luxury lakeside villas set within beautiful grounds surrounded by a spectacular lake. This 4 * Ayurveda retreat provides a complete immersion in all that is Ayurveda & Yoga.
Each day, included in your package, you will enjoy each one of the different traditional Ayurveda massage treatments for the duration of your stay.
- Abhyanga – whole body hot oil massage to tone up skin and gives complete relaxation.
- Udavarthanam – deep pressurised massage with roasted medicines and powdered drugs.
- Oushada dhara – pouring of medicated herbal liquid all over the body to detox the body and opening the channels.
- Herbal steam – steaming of whole body using steam chamber. (steam of Ayurveda herbs are used).
- Virechanam – cleansing and evacuation of bowels by administration of purgative medicine through oral route.(purificatory process(purgation))
- Podikizhi – special poultice massage using herbal powders.
- Shirodhara – pouring of medicated liquid over the forehead.
Note: All treatments will be tailored to suit you by the Resident Ayurveda Doctor – Some treatments listed may not be suitable for you personally therefore will be replaced by another treatment
Daily wellbeing treatment sessions will last for one hour to one and a half hours.
Optional Yoga session will be in the morning (7am) for one and a half hour, every day led by an Indian Yoga Master
Optional Yin yoga & Meditation session will be run in the afternoon for one and a half hours led by Julia (Yoga Veda)
- Welcome drink, fruit and flowers
- All meals included (Ayurveda & Vegetarian)
- Return transfers from Trivandrum airport
- Wellness drinks in accordance with the Spa therapist
- Daily herbs and dietary supplement according to individual prescription
- Fitness centre, Wi-Fi
- 1 bottle of mineral water per day
- Tea & coffee facilities in room
- Towels for pool and for villa use
- Daily newspaper
General guidelines for the wellbeing emphasis for this retreat
Ayurvedic system of treatment is strictly personalised, the exact treatment and medicines will be fixed after detailed consultation with the resident doctor. The treatments, which are given individually, may vary according to the body constitution and condition. Uniquely prepared herbal oils especially suited for your body constitution will be used for massage. Gents will have male masseurs and Ladies will have female masseurs for body massage and other health programs. Some of the programs are not suitable for all i.e. above 80 yrs, very young (under 10 yrs), heart patients and anyone who may be pregnant. If you have a previous medical history of heart disease, blood pressure, allergies, chronic skin diseases or asthma, please do let me know. If you could be pregnant at the time of the retreat do let the resident doctor know.
You will have prior appointments for your sessions. You are recommended to attend the treatments as directed by the Resident Ayurveda Doctor for optimum results.
You will also be provided with a PRAKRITI analysis printed report which will be given at the end of your stay.
The treatments, which are given along with the packages, may vary according to the body constitution and condition.
Every day treatment duration approximately 75 minutes to 90 minutes.
Herbal medicines will be supplied every day.
Uniquely prepared herbal oils especially suited for your body constitution will be used for massage.
The above given are general descriptions. The exact personalised treatment plan will be made by the Duty Doctor and Medical Officer on assessing the individual’s condition and requirement
- Boat trips from the resort jetty
- Bird watching
- Cookery demonstration
- Local industry visits
- *Bicycles on hire
- Visit to Varkala beach
- Explore the scenic coastline of Kappil
- Local Picnics
- Cultural Performances
- *Elephant riding and feeding
- Escorted shopping trips to Paravur or Kollam
- Shrine of Sree Narayana Gurudev at Sivagiri, Varkala
- Kollam town and Thangassery fishing village
- Monroe Island backwater trip
- Kottukal Rock Cut Cave Temple
- Thenmala Ecotourism Project
- Palaruvi waterfalls
*These day trip activities are chargeable, and are best arranged on-site
Anna Rasa Onsite Restaurant
Rasa, meaning taste, embodies the culinary fare on offer at the iconic restaurant. Air-conditioned, with the panoramic backwaters as its backdrop, Anna Rasa picks the subtle flavours of Keralan cuisine, as well as revered cuisines from elsewhere in the subcontinent, and presents a culinary platter of distinct tastes and guarantees an Ayurveda gastronomic experience unparalleled. Cookery lessons are also available.
From £1600 per person
To view the 2025 brochure please click here.