February 19th – 21st 2021 – Cancelled Due to Covid. Watch this space for new dates!
3 days of Yoga, Ayurveda, Rest & Relaxation and Delicious Vegetarian / Vegan Food in an Idyllic Location.
Relish every moment as we come together to share the joy of rejuvenating the mind, body and soul throughdaily yoga practice, meditation, rest and relaxation and presentations on living well with Ayurveda.
Treat yourself to:
- 3 x days and 2 x nights full-board accommodation in a beautiful eco-retreat
- Exclusive use of the venue and all facilities, including a luxury heated swimming pool
- Option of a total of 12 wellbeing sessions including Yoga / Meditation / Relaxation classes and presentations
- Delicious vegetarian / vegan meals (mainly organic & local produce) prepared by the resident chef
- Free WiFi and parking
- Free time to explore the beautiful countryside and beach ( 5 mins drive away)
- Book a massage with our resident therapist
Bonhays Retreat Centre is a magical sanctuary of calm and tranquillity, nestled in Dorset’s rolling hills between Bridport and Lyme Regis, and just 2 miles from the sea. With its indoor heated pool, comfortable accommodation, valley views, and secluded location, it is the perfect getaway.
The simply furnished accommodation is of a high standard; well-equipped, with a warm welcoming feel, and clean, comfortable rooms. The main communal living space (there’s more than one) has large sofas, and a wood burning stove to keep visitors cosy – with teas, snacks and fruit available in the kitchen areas at all times.
Bonhays Resident Chef, Evie will be catering especially for us. Well known for her fabulous feasts and personal touch, Evie sources local, organic ingredients wherever possible, if she hasn’t actually grown them herself! Her food both looks and tastes delicious: wholesome dishes that are satisfying and very tasty. Lunch and supper will be prepared for us, breakfast is self-serve. All food and drink will be vegetarian / vegan. Bonhays will do their best to accommodate additional dietary requirements such as gluten-free, with sufficient notice – so please make sure you request this when booking.
Yoga sessions will be suitable for all levels, from beginners to seasoned yogis, and held in the Group Room – a lovely large space with a gentle, restful vibe. If the weather is kind, we may even move outside! The morning class will be more energising, with the later yoga session being softer and mostly mat-based. Meditation sessions will be offered in the morning and afternoon. Chakra meditation and Yoga Nidra are guided sessions designed to fully relax the mind body and soul. Drop–in sessions for consultation on your own practice will be available during the retreat.
Each presentation will focus on different aspects of the benefits of living with Ayurveda – aimed towards understanding the concept of Dosha, Agni and Ama, Diet, Daily routines and Mind Set – guaranteed to enhance your overall wellbeing.
Julia is a qualified and experienced Ayurveda and Yoga Consultant as well as a full -time teacher who is committed to delivering informative practical and educational programmes that inspire the use of Ayurveda and Yoga principles in daily life. She is extremely passionate about practising and sharing the proven benefits that the synergies between the ancient traditions of Ayurveda and Yoga have on personal wellbeing.
By using Ayurveda and Yoga principles the body and mind are brought into balance; vitality can then develop. The individual is then able to perceive the true nature; this allows life to be lived more freely and spontaneously.
Bonhays Farm, Whitchurch Canicorum DT6 6RF
Car: There is plenty of parking at the centre.
Train: Nearest station is Axminster on the main London Waterloo to Exeter line. There are buses from the station to Morecombe Lake (a 20 min downhill walk away), or book ahead for a taxi from Axminster station for a cost of roughly £20. Try Axminster Taxis (01297) 34000, or BJ’s 35007.
One of the the UKs most iconic and beautiful counties, Dorset enjoys 364 more hours of sunshine throughout the year compared to the UK average and is home to the Jurassic Coast, the only natural World Heritage Site in England.
You are free to do as many or as few sessions as you wish.
- 4.00pm: Arrival & settling in /Housekeeping & guided tour on arrival
- 5.15pm: Studio – Welcome & Introductions followed by Yoga class (Yin)
- 7.00pm: Dining Area- Light Supper & Prepare Ayurveda Style Breakfast (Kitchen)
- 8:00pm: Lounge Area – Presentation: Intro to Yoga Veda and the Place for Relaxation in our Busy Lives – leads into meditation session
- 9.00pm: Studio- Guided Pranayama & Meditation
- 6:00am: Studio- Guided Pranayama & Meta Meditation
- 6.30am: Studio- Guided Yoga Class (Vinyasa Flow)
- 7:30am: Dining Area- Self Service Breakfast
- 9:00am: Dining Area -Presentation: The Significance of Fascia Release to Wellbeing
- 10:00am: Free time for Rest & Relaxation
- 12.30pm: Dining Area- Lunch- main meal of the day
- 1:30pm: Free time for Rest & Relaxation
- 4:15pm: Studio – Drop in Asana Clinic (bring your own alignment concerns or challenge postures to clinic- 1:1 Guidance provided)
- 5.15pm: Studio- Guided Yoga Class (Restorative Yoga)
- 7.00pm: Dining Area- Light Supper with authentic Ayurveda dishes – Prep Breakfast
- 8.00pm: Outdoor Grounds- Round the bonfire gathering (Weather permitting)
- 9.00pm: Studio- Guided Yoga Nidra (Full Body Mind & Soul Relaxation)
- 6:00am: Studio- Guided Pranayama & Meditation
- 6.30am: Studio- Guided Yoga Class (Vinyasa Flow)
- 7:30am: Kitchen – Self Service Breakfast
- 9:00am: Dining area – Presentation – Planning our Personal Dynyacahra & Reflection
- 10:00am Free Time or extra Guided Meditation Session
- 10:30am Studio: Headstand Development (optional)Session
- 12.30pm: Dining area Lunch
- 1:30pm Studio: Feedback & Goodbyes
- 2.00pm: Departure
* Please note, the programme may be subject to change
From £285 per person
To view the full brochure and booking information please click here.
Various rooms available, accommodation choice will be confirmed by YVUK to complete your booking.